For Consultation 800.418.5904

You Can Appeal Your Child’s Special Education Hearing Decision

Posted on October 5, 2016

You might disagree with the decision an impartial hearing officer (IHO) makes after your child’s special education due process hearing. But you don’t have to leave it at that.

You can appeal to state or federal district court — usually it’s federal court — and keep fighting for access to the services appropriate for your child.

Also, if the denial of services your child has suffered is part of a systemic problem with your school district, you can join a class action lawsuit.

Whether you’re appealing, or participating in a class action, the process is complicated, and you should go into it with full knowledge of what to expect.

Attorneys from the Cuddy Law Firm have extensive experience with appeals and can help you determine the best course for your child.

Comments are closed.